WEEKLY DROP-IN CLASSES IN NORTH HOBART
Tuesdays | 7 – 8.15pm |
Friend’s Quaker Meeting House, 5 Boa Vista Rd, North Hobart
Class fee: $12. Drop-in any week
These classes offer simple, practical methods to improve the quality of our life and develop inner peace through meditation and Buddhist teachings. Each class consists of two guided meditations and a teaching on the topic.
Apr 13, 20 & 27
Learn practical methods to reduce anxiety and worry. Transcend painful emotions and come to enjoy mental peace. Topics covered in this series:
- The relationship between anxiety & our mind
- Identifying the internal mental causes of anxiety in our own mind
- Simple methods to reduce feelings of anxiety, worry and stress
- How to use meditation to create a comfortable mental environment
Dealing with Difficult People
May 4, 11 & 18
Discover how to view others more constructively. Overcome negative attitudes and remove conflict from your relationships. Topics covered in this series:
- The real reason we find certain people so difficult
- How to resolve conflicts in your relationships
- Dealing more effectively with difficult people in everyday life
- Learn how to respond to others with wisdom
The Teacher of this course is Diana Waterhouse, the Resident Teacher of Samudra Kadampa Buddhist Centre in Tasmania. With over 15 years’ experience in meditation, Diana explains Buddha’s teachings with warmth and clarity, showing how we can easily integrate them into our daily life to make our life more happy, peaceful and meaningful.
Friend’s Quaker Meeting House,
5 Boa Vista Road, North Hobart
Class Fee: $12
There is no need to book or bring anything
Drop-in any week
Please note that all our classes follow covid-safe procedures.
Please do not attend if:
- You have any COVID symptom (in particular coughing, sore throat, fever or shortness of breath).
- If you are awaiting COVID test results.
- If you or a close contact have been diagnosed with COVID within the last 14 days.
By attending these classes you have read and understood our covid-safe procedures which can be found here.
phone: 0466 336 772